Sunday, July 29, 2012

5/3/1 Squats. 1+ Day.

That girl is never impressed =[

Another okay day today. My warm-ups felt fast (even though my right lat is still acting up) and I got the reps I wanted on my final set. The first few reps of the final set felt great, but I was lazy on the second half of the set with the last rep being pretty high. Not sure why I broke down mentally, but I always seem to struggle with repping over 450lbs on squats. Although I compared today's session to last cycles session and today's reps were much faster.

After my final set I did some heavier singles with low bar working up to a 500lb single, which was slow but easy. I just wanted to see if I could hit 500 in a fatigued state and on any day of the week. After that I did some high bar squats, working up to a few singles with 405. My legs were pretty fatigued at this point, but I figured I'd see how my back felt doing front squats (front squats are how I hurt my lat in the first place). Front squats felt amazing, and I think I finally fixed my form with them. I had the bar resting fully on my collar bones and I was able to maintain a straight back even on my heavier sets (I worked up to a few singes at 315 and 335 with a triple at 315 to end the workout).

Goals for today:

365x5
415x3
465x1+

Lifted:

365x5
415x3
465x6

----------------------------------------------------
Week 1 Progress over the last 14 cycles:
----------------------------------------------------

Video of final set below. Sorry about the quality, I shouldn't film in front of that big ass window:


No comments:

Post a Comment