Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Smolov Day 3 Week 2

Where my chalk at?

Today was pretty good. 800mg of Ibuprofen before my workout and I had minimal pain in my hip and ankles. I didn't feel very winded between sets and rep speed was okay, too. Tomorrow will be the real test since my last 10 set day kicked my ass and this time it will be 20lbs more. Not much else to say other than that I'm pushing entirely with my heels for my squats. I don't know what I'm doing differently, but it feels great. Oh, the trainer at my gym said not to take too much ibuprofen as it can negate the training session by limiting your body's ability to adapt after a workout. Is this true?


430x5 for 7 sets today.

I benched yesterday as well (260x4 for 8 sets - Day 3 week 2), but didn't record. I'll be back recording bench tomorrow, though - A session I'm looking forward to: 275x3 for 10 sets. Last time I tried Smolov Jr I couldn't complete this day. I'd like to breeze through it this time.

 Video of today's workout below. Hit the wall on set 5. 


1 comment:

  1. Yep, it's true. Limits protein-synthesis. Smaller doses, around 400mg, have not shown this effect, however.

    Makes sense if you think about it, training is inflammatory, and ibuprofen is anti-inflammatory. Less inflammation - less damage - less compensation.

    ReplyDelete